Double pitch chains
Double pitch chains meet the same dimensions and specifications as the ISO 606 European and American standard chains, except for the pitch, which measures exactly twice their standard counterparts.
The longer pitch represents an extremely cost effective solution for applications where large centre distances exist and speed and power transmission demands are lower. The double pitch makes it possible to fit the rollers, and as a result, friction and tensile stress within the chain are greatly minimized for many applications.
These chains are also a lighter and more economical option thanks to the reduction of material, although they are built with the same quality and accuracy as the single-pitch equivalents.
Transmission type and conveyor type chains are produced, the latter feature straight side plates. American standard chains include versions with smaller or larger rollers. Additionally, they can be provided in normal plate or thicker plate versions.
- Many references available in stock.
- Corrosion-resistant versions available (delta tone, stainless steel).
- Specific product on request (Ex: enlarged bush inner diameter or transport rollers).
- Matched pairs on request for chains working in parallel.
- Chains of any length.
- Dimensions according to ISO 1275.
- Higher fatigue strength due to optimized press fit of pin and outer plate.
- Higher tensile strength due to optimized plate strength.
- Tensile strenght can be reduced by up to 20% if cranked links are fitted.
- Higher wear resistance.
- Minimum elongation due to wear and a long service life.
- Maximum rotating speed on the small sprocket: 500 r.p.m.